Mindwork: Explore Trial Questions
Ideas for Possible Research Questions1. How can I get students to respect all mediums of art?
2. Do younger artist have a prejudice between traditional and newer mediums?
Mindwork: Positing Yourself in Relation to the Question
For as long as I can remember I grew up with a rift between the traditional art mediums (drawing, painting, ceramics) and the more modern mediums (photography and graphic design). Do students come up with this on their own? Do they learn it from others? Can I separate myself from the results as an artist and view it as a researcher? Is this question still valid in this more digitally connected generation?Mindwork: Refine Your Question
Sub-questionDo students believe one medium surpasses the rest?
Why do students not hold all mediums in equal respect?
Refined Question
Do younger artist discriminate other artist in different mediums?
Students need experiences in all media so that they can find the one that best translates their ideas into a visual form. I also recommend combining both digital and hand so that they can see how both can enhance and manipulate the conception. They will become excited about media that they find success with and will continue to polish and refine their ideas and their technical skills.
ReplyDelete