Chapter 5
Mindwork: Combine Data from Multiple Sources
Teachers: Either surveys or interview to collect qualitative and quantitative. However a large sample of teachers and/or teachers in training would be needed to get a large enough data source.
Student Art: Try to compare the understanding of concepts of art between the two different types. This data might not be very useful, however, it could provide some insight.
To use the data I would need consent forms from all teachers involved. Students would also need to sign consent form or their parents if not above the age of 18. The ability to give anonymity would also need to be an option.
A time machine to see the different types of teachers develop over time with experience. However teachers at various levels of experience are the closest thing to it.
Chapter 6
Mindwork: Search Archives
I currently can't look at local/not online archives. However, I would question how much relevant info i would find. Though I will not rule out the possibility completely.
Count, Measure, Chart
I could use the surveys to get some type of numerical data to see what type of teachers they view themselves as. By assigning them into groups based on experience I could create pie charts to show what percent of the population they might be. Ex: 25% of teachers between 0-5 years experience view themselves as Artist-Teachers.
Document Oral Language
This could be useful during teacher interviews just to see what different terms might bubble between the two during the process.
Ethnographic Observation
This could be useful in observing how an Artist-Teacher and Teacher-Artist vary in approach and what is also shared.
Critiquing Culture
Though I am not sure how I could relate this to my own research idea at this time, I do believe this type to exercise could be quite fascinating.
No comments:
Post a Comment