Tuesday

The Unconscious

Bird describes the unconscious as a thoughts within ones mind but are not consciously (we are aware of) made. He also writes that even with the rabid interest of the unconscious due to Freud, philosophers like Aristotle were intrigued by the though of the "dark" mind. The reading further states that advertising studied the work of the surliest and implemented their process into their own work.
I think for myself there are time when I do incorporate my own unconscious mind. I've found that if I can get myself into a relaxed state I have noticed that I will at time make marks that I am honestly not thinking about. However when it come to trying to explore the unconscious through my work I have not yet done so. The mortacage process has intrigued me and viewing it gives me a dream like feel. I believe if I could work enough on this process it might give me an avenue to pursue it further.

No comments:

Post a Comment