Saturday

VTS Week 7

When it comes to CCSS I know very little about it but have heard about it. I've heard some of it through my various classes and personal research. I know that common core hasn't been released for art yet. Once they are released I think we will see how well they will integrate with what art teachers are already doing.
Personally I like the concept/idea of the CCSS. Most common core seems to already state what I think should be taught in the classrooms anyways, and just put everyone more so on the same page. I think when CCSS is finally released for art we will find (at least amongst ourselves) we are already implementing most if not all aspects of the common core in our classrooms.
I think VTS will fit well into the CCSS. VTS has students think critically about what they are seeing which seems to be an important aspect of the common core. We are also working from a literacy aspect which, though I haven't read much about the common core yet, I would imagine that it also plays a large part throughout all aspects of it. I am now really curious to see the common core standards come out to art and see what is included and how well VTS fits into it (which I think it will really well).

No comments:

Post a Comment