Sunday

Big Idea Book Page 7 and 8



When I was observing my guest artist I was observing both pages going over the the power of money and nature. While sitting there I said the word "change" as in money. Then it hit me! I hadn't thought of the idea on the power to change something. That inspired me to try to create a mask, one of the more unique ways to change oneself. Initially the aluminum foil was just used to help protect the models face I borrowed while I had the paper machete dry. However once I took it off I noticed this mask had almost completed itself without me doing anything. This mask had already created a persona that was somewhat frightening but also peaceful. It also made itself into its own unique symbol of power.







1 comment:

  1. I really like reading about your own moment of inspiration. (this could be a postcard moment) where you seize on a idea that has just been realized. You describe this metacognitively here: "While sitting there I said the word "change" as in money. Then it hit me! I hadn't thought of the idea on the power to change something. That inspired me to try to create a mask, one of the more unique ways to change oneself." I am interested to see how your mask fits in your book.

    ReplyDelete